Beto Martinez, founding member and guitarist for the Austin-based Latin Funk band Brownout, spoke with KDNK's Luke Nestler. Brownout performed "Fear of a Brown Planet," a psychedelic reworking of Public Enemy’s "Fear of a Black Planet ," at Belly Up.
This show features two gems from South Africa, Hugh Masekela from a 1994 Glenwood Summer of Jazz concert, and Vusi Mahlasela from a 2011 appearance on Express Yourself where he played a song that sounded like a prayer, and explained all about Ubuntu, Africa's great gift to the world.
- Asian-Americans Facing Staggering Levels Of Income Inequality In The U.S.
- U.S. Intelligence Chiefs, Current And Former, Fire Back At Trump
- Ecuador Builds Pyramid Of Roses In Attempt To Set A World Record
- 'Disgraceful,' 'Pushover,' 'Deeply Troubled': Reaction To The Trump-Putin Summit
- Putin Invites Trump To Help End Syrian War As Russia Bombs Civilian Targets
- 'They Wanted To Kill Us All': Nicaragua Reels After Bloody Church Siege
- Feds Charge Russian Student, Linked To NRA, With Conspiracy
- Rising Seas Could Cause Problems For Internet Infrastructure
- FCC Chairman Pai Cites 'Serious Concerns' About Sinclair-Tribune Deal
- Transcript: Trump And Putin's Joint Press Conference