Grizzly Goat visited Express Yourself before two local gigs, at Glenwood Brew Garden and Steve's Guitars, and blew us all away with their music. Their melodies are memorable, they definitely have an easy and precise way with a lyric, their harmonies are super-tight, and they are all multi-instrumentalists--their musicianship is superb. They played Gentle Wild Spaces, Colorado and Little Jackie. Colorado was the highlight of the week for this reviewer. Look for them to return in August and also search out their new album Burning the Prairie.
Meta Sarmiento is a Filipino poet and rapper from Guam. He is a National Poetry Slam semifinalist with Slam Nuba from Denver, a TEDx speaker and winner of the Spoken Word for the World 2015 where he was flown to Paris to perform during the UN Climate Negotiations. He is a born teacher and an old soul, and he is capable of motivating ghetto kids and old hippies alike. Meta appeared on Express Yourself to tell us how he does it.
- 19 Years After Columbine, Students Walk Out To Stop Gun Violence
- The CIA Introduces Gina Haspel After Her Long Career Undercover
- How Medicare's Conflicting Hospitalization Rules Cost Me Thousands Of Dollars
- Swaziland Gets A Name Change: Call It eSwatini Now
- Wells Fargo Hit With $1 Billion In Fines Over Home And Auto Loan Abuses
- For One Fine-Dining Chef, Cutting Food Waste Saves The Planet And The Bottom Line
- 2 Sheriff's Deputies Are Killed While Eating In A Florida Restaurant
- National Teachers Union Cuts Ties With Wells Fargo Over Bank's Ties To NRA, Guns
- An Anti-Immigration Speech Divided Britain 50 Years Ago. It Still Echoes Today
- How Pokemon Inspired A Citizen Science Project To Monitor Tiny Streams